This Christmas over 1 million geeks around the globe will sit lonely in their bedrooms, misunderstood and ignored by a cruel world outside. Without "real" friends, they languish unloved in basements, offices and box rooms, hoping without hope for a better life.
How you can help...
All you need to give is a little time : a visit from a neighbour or a friendly phonecall can make the World of difference to a lonely geek. It will cost you nothing to give a geek a little of the human contact that he craves (yet instinctively shuns), brightening up the geek's world for a moment at least.
You can make a difference this holiday season by giving a geek the gift of friendship.
How to spot a Geek
- Speaks in monosyllables (if at all)
- Avoids eye contact
- Starts conversations about Battlestar Galactica
- Spends over 12 hours a day at a computer
- Corrects you if you mispronounce "Linux"
- Writes everyday emails in pseudo code
- Has an elaborate adolescent email signature
- Scoffs at inferior technology
- Owns gadgets. Lots of them.